1. Our commitment to being Open and Transparent
Alive Skin + Hair is committed to protecting your privacy and respect and uphold your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act"). By using this website or providing us with your personal information, you agree to and consent to the collection, use, holding and disclosure of personal information by Alive Skin + Hair as set out in this policy.
2. What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information. Personal information we may collect from you includes, without limitation, your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and date of birth.
3. How do we collect your information?
Alive Skin + Hair will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, Alive Skin + Hair will only collect personal information about you directly from you. Alive Skin + Hair will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities. Personal information may be collected by Alive Skin + Hair in a number of circumstances, including when you:
· make an enquiry with us via email or telephone;
· visit our websites;
· lodge an enquiry or application in relation to any Alive Skin + Hair products or services.
If you wish to remain anonymous when you use our website do not sign into it or provide any information that might identify you. Alive Skin + Hair requires individuals to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete personal information at the time it is collected.
4. What do we do with your personal information?
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection Alive Skin + Hair uses your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related secondary purposes and for the purposes of:
· providing our products and services to you;
· our internal management needs;
· our marketing activities, including marketing activities relating to Alive Skin + Hair products and services;
· responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
· any other purpose you have consented to; and · any use which is required or authorised by law.
5. Under what circumstances will we disclose your personal information?
Alive Skin + Hair may disclose your personal information:
· to third-parties we ordinarily engage for the above purposes i.e. our suppliers or postal services;
· organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by Alive Skin + Hair;
· any person or entity to whom you have consented to Alive Skin + Hair disclosing your personal information to; and
· any person or entity to whom we are required or authorised to disclose your personal information to in accordance with the law.
6. Can I see what personal information you store on me?
You may request access to your personal information in our customer account database by contacting our customer service team. Alive Skin + Hair may charge a reasonable fee that is not excessive to cover the charges of retrieving your personal information from our customer account database. Alive Skin + Hair will not charge you for making the request.
If you believe that Alive Skin + Hair holds personal information about you in our customer account database that is not accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant or information that is misleading then you may request its amendment and Alive Skin + Hair will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
If Alive Skin + Hair no longer needs your personal information for any the purposes set out in this policy, or as otherwise required by law, Alive Skin + Hair will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to de-identify it.
Alive Skin + Hair will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7. Can I opt out of Alive Skin + Hair marketing?
Yes! At any time you may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us. Unless you opt out, your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us and to the handling of your personal information as detailed above, will continue. To opt out email email@example.com or click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any of our email marketing.
8. What if I need more information about the policy?
If you require further information regarding this policy or wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs by Alive Skin + Hair, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Alive Skin + Hair website
When transmitting personal information from your computer to Alive Skin + Hair website, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Alive Skin + Hair will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information. Alive Skin + Hair operated websites may use "cookies" to help personalise your online experience and save you time across the Alive Skin + Hair websites. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Alive Skin + Hair website.