Protect your skin against pollution
Did you know, ground-level ozone generates free radicals and enzymes that compromise the skin's protective barrier? This being said, just a few hours of smog exposure can reduce natural antioxidant Vitamin E in skin by 25% which can cause accelerated ageing among other skin conditions. Pollution from vehicles, pollen, household chemicals and industry have all been linked to skin damage as well as many other health conditions.
Our daily exposure to these pollutants leads to micro particles becoming lodged in our pores, which creates havoc with our skins natural function including moisture balance, inflammatory response and pigmentation. Dermalogica’s latest innovation is a highly-active resurfacer that delivers your smoothest skin ever, and helps fight the biochemical and environmental triggers known to accelerate skin ageing.
The Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant is a powder exfoliant designed to absorb pollutants and inhibit adhesion of pollution particles. As the name suggests, this product can be used daily; however, sensitive skin types should apply it every other day until skin acclimates.
Hero ingredients include:
• Activated binchotan charcoal powder: Attracts and binds to impurities, resurfaces skin and draws out particulate matter and excess sebum.
• Rice bran extract: Enables a dual-action exfoliation when activated with water.
• Papain, lipase and sutilisin enzyme trio: Dissolves proteins on the skin while deeply cleansing and accelerating exfoliation.
• Malic acid and lactic acid: Exfoliates and resurfaces Red algae and tara fruit extract: Helps preserve the natural barrier function of the skin.
• Niacinamide: Provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
The way the Daily Superfoliant works is that it absorbs (or binds to) pollutants from deep within the pores, purging toxins from the skin. In addition, it provides antioxidant protection to the skin whilst helping to prevent the adherence of pollutants to the skin.
We recommend using the Daily Superfoliant in conjunction with the Daily Microfoliant, switching in the Daily Superfoliant 1-2 times a week for a deep cleanse and detoxification.
Shop Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant online.
Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant is now also available in a trial/travel size.